Friday, August 8, 2008

Unproven allegations against Cub fans

So I'm reading that "hilarious" web site Deadspin this morning and I saw this Youtube video clip featured:

http://deadspin.com/5034731/reporter-doused-by-blue+painted-cubs-fan-outside-wrigley-field

It is a short clip of some weird Asian guy yelling and pouring like 40 gallons of ice water onto some blonde reporter outside of Wrigley. The guy then posted it on Youtube and I guess he is going to be in trouble now or something. And since he was covered in blue and red paint and yelling about the Cubs, people are saying that Cubs fans are trashy.

But here's the problem. Deadspin is written by a flamboyant Cardinals fan, which means that he is not exactly going to give a fair picture of sports when it comes to my beloved Cubbies. The reality is that only in St. Louis would fans harass some hot blonde reporter because that's not cool (or straight). I know Cubs fans, and there is no way that the "Cubs fan" from that YouTube video is representative of ME AND MY BOYS.

In fact it is even possible that the guy in the video is not even a Cubs fan. I'm just throwing it out there, I don't know if I'm right or not. But what I DO know is that it is possible, because Will Leitch and the rest of his Deadspin crew are not going to fact check anything when it comes to trouble that allegedly was caused by Cubs fans.

So let's get the facts please before we go around whipping out allegations against our fanbase in Cubbie Blue.

No comments: